Last updated on 22 May 2018
AppViewX operates in the business-to-business (B2B) software industry. To the extent we collect information online, our purpose is to better serve our business customers.
Collection of Data
Information Collected/Obtained by AppViewX:
- AppViewX collects personal information, such as your name, email, and address, when you (i) submit registration forms and asset download forms (including information requests and software downloads); (ii) subscribe to our services; (iii) by attending our events; and (iv) correspond with us by phone, email, social media, software demos and training requests.
- AppViewX may also collect information you provide during a product purchase, when contacting our customer support helpdesk, when you participate in social media functions on our website, when you enter a competition or survey, and when you report a problem with our website.
- We also gather your AppViewX website visit information, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, though, and from our website, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- When you use our software (e.g. Free AppViewX), we may automatically collect metrics on your software usage, which of our product features you use and how often.
- Information related to providing support for our products- when you contact us for support related to the Services, you may provide us your contact information, device or product IDs, and logs of your use of the licensed product (which may include IP address and/or other device identifiers, location data, and usage data pertaining to when and how you use the product).
- Recordings of any telephone calls for quality assurance and training purposes.
- Use of third-party marketing services and service providers to send and track receipt of communications to our customers generally, and to analyze the pattern of those communications for trust and security purposes, as well as to gather data, such as inquiry data, to assist us in better understanding our customers’ interests.
AppViewX uses the above information for smooth operation of the website, to provide quality service, and to derive general statistics regarding the web site use.
How does AppViewX use your Personal information?
- In order to carry out Legitimate Interests of the business
- To send messages that are related or useful to the Services we provide you
- To provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties, subject to any opt-in consents that are provided to you pursuant to applicable law
- To promote our Services, or the services of our partners, including through the use of email and social media platforms
- To compare your information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties as needed
- To carry out research, including market research, statistical research on site traffic, and sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the Services we provide you and to tailor our sites
- To provide the information, Services or support you request and related after-sales services
- To identify you and to contact you with product or service updates or training or support options related to products and services you’ve purchased
- To manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration
- To detect, investigate and prevent activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful
Where We Store Your Information
AppViewX is a global organization, hence the information you provide may be processed by our staff at any of our locations around the world, other than the country you reside in. Information provided by you may be stored on our servers or those of our third party service providers. AppViewX recommends the users to keep their passwords confidential and do not share passwords with anyone.
Cookies and log files
AppViewX uses the information in its server log files to analyze trends in website usage, in order to administer and maintain the website, to anonymously track a user’s path through our website, and to gather broad demographic statistics about our website and the ways in which they are used. The information we collect in these files predominantly includes the IP addresses of visitors to our website, the files and web pages they request or navigate through, the websites from which they may have been referred to our website, information about the type of browser they use, etc. AppViewX does not link any of this information, including IP addresses, to personally identifiable information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
Users may use chat rooms, forums, message boards, and other interactive features provided by AppViewX. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information via forums, postings, profiles or other areas of the website, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected, correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of AppViewX. Please do not post any personal information on the website or in other areas that you expect to keep private.
Collection of Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information relating to children. In the event that we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from anyone under 18 years of age without prior parental consent, we will take steps to promptly delete such information. By providing your personal information to AppViewX or through the website, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
AppViewX takes appropriate and commercially reasonable measures to secure the personal information collected from our website, software, and other AppViewX portals from being misused and to prevent unauthorized access, partial or complete data disclosure, data alteration, destruction or deletion. However no electronic data transmission, digital information storage or email communication can ever be 100% secure or error and risk free. We request you to be very careful in choosing the information you decide to share with us. Kindly do not disclose credit card or any other sensitive information (such as other payment details, id proofs, personal health condition information etc.) in your email communications to us.
We use data hosting service providers to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. For more information on where we store your information, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your information?
With whom do we share personal information?
AppViewX may share/disclose personal information collected from you via website or other marketing initiatives with the below third parties.
- Our internal offices in other locations including those located outside the United States.
- AppViewX business partners, resellers and partners authorized to provide services on behalf of AppViewX, agencies AppViewX hires for media and marketing services/assistance.
- In case AppViewX undergoes merger, acquisition, partnership or any form of sale, all the personal information collected by us about our customers will be transferred and shared with the acquirer or partner.
- AppViewX may share the statistical data about our website usage by visitors with third parties consisting of our vendors, agencies, existing clients, potential clients, partners, and authorized media if required. However, we will not reveal identifiable information with the third parties without obtaining your consent.
- Personally un-identifiable information may also be shared with third parties such as consultants or agencies AppViewX has hired for statistical or research purposes.
- Many AppViewX products are sold through its partner program (via resellers, distributors, etc.). In order to transact business, AppViewX shares limited personal information with the partners that resell AppViewX products.
We may also be forced to disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation, or in case of merger, acquisition, purchase or sale of the company.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of AppViewX, our customers, users or others.
- Fulfill any service request promised to you.
- Ensure we provide you with a secure website, services, software and application.
- Safeguard the company from liability.
AppViewX does not share, sell, rent or trade information collected from the website or any other AppViewX sources with third parties for their promotional or profit purposes.
Third Party Links
The AppViewX website may, from time to time, provide links to third-party websites (partner networks, media and affiliates) for your convenience and information. If you choose to follow a link to any of these websites, you will leave the AppViewX website. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and AppViewX does not accept any responsibility or liability for these third parties, nor can we control their sites or privacy policies.
Data Subject Rights:
You can contact AppViewX in order to update, view or delete your personal information/data by sending us an email at email@example.com. You can also write to us if you have any queries, comments or suggestions.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Data, request that we restrict processing of your Personal Data, or request portability of your Personal Data, as outlined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation. You may make any request under this section by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we have collected and process your Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance upon lawful processing grounds other than consent (such as processing based on Legitimate Interests). You can remove your name from future mailings by unsubscribing to us via our email preference center.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.